Location: San Francisco, CA
Position: Competitive salary, performance bonus, plus stock options
Fenix International is looking for a talented self-starting electrical engineer to join the Fenix team in designing new products and help scale production of our flagship product, the ReadySet. The ReadySet, a renewable energy platform is currently in production, selling in Africa, and will drive major growth for the company. This new hire must be a capable electrical engineer and software designer, and have prior experience with mass production manufacturing. This engineer will be an integral member of the Fenix engineering team and will interface with our manufacturing partner in China.
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables
• Contribute to future development of the ReadySet product line and the Fenix IP portfolio. This will require building a detailed understanding of the ReadySet PCBA and software, supporting and scaling production, and diagnosing/correcting field failure issues.
• Own PCBA, software quality control, and development. This also includes designing, implementing, and improving production test systems.
• Troubleshoot EE and software issues that become apparent at higher volumes to increase yields and decrease the occurrences of early unit mortality.
• Design product field service experience. This will include travel to Africa and working with local service technicians. Supporting work will include design of field service software, manuals, and PCBA repair guidelines.
• Design, selection, and testing of ReadySet accessories. Fenix aims to provide comprehensive accessories options to pair with the ReadySet, which will greatly expand the opportunities and benefits that electricity affords to our customers.
Required Skills & Experience
• Prior experience producing large volume consumer electronics products via Chinese manufacturing partners.
• PCBA design and manufacturing experience.
• Strong C programming ability, and prior work with microcontrollers.
• BS required, MS a plus. 5+ years of engineering experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Familiarity with low power circuit design, battery charging and switching power supply design.
• Proficiency in Eagle or Altium, and circuit board layout.
• Programming skills in high level object oriented languages (Java, Python, etc)
• Fluency in Mandarin.
• Passion for low-cost design for developing world products.
Fenix International produces ultra-affordable power generation and smart energy storage solutions to empower more than 1.5 billion people living off-grid. Fenix is a for-profit corporation based in San Francisco, California with customers across multiple markets and core expertise in power electronics, product design and base-of-the-pyramid marketing. Fenix has been prominently featured in the New York Times, Fast Company, Popular Mechanics, CNET, VentureBeat, and has won several awards and honors since it was founded in 2009.
Fenix offers a competitive salary, a fun work environment and opportunities for professional growth. We recognize the value of diversity in our workforce, and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all candidates who choose to apply, however, only those selected for a further interview will be contacted.
Please submit your cover letter and resume through job posting at http://fenixintl.com/careers.